Domestic SUVs offer excellent value, and a lower overall cost of ownership compared to imported alternatives. Both OEM and aftermarket replacement parts are cheaper and easier to acquire and you won’t have to worry about finding a specialized auto repair shop. Practically every licensed mechanic in North America has experience with domestic SUVs.
If you’re wondering about the year’s top domestic SUVs, here is a quick overview of some of the best-reviewed and most coveted models:
- • Ford Explorer: This influential mid-sized SUV is credited with having popularized the sports utility vehicle for the consumer market, and has a long track record of reliability.
- • Ford Escape: A sporty crossover vehicle, the Ford Escape offers a little more versatility and a sleeker, more stylish design.
- • Jeep Wrangler: This four-wheel drive compact SUV is one of the most iconic and easily recognizable offerings in this vehicle class.
- • Jeep Liberty: A mid-sized sports utility crossover, the Jeep Liberty is ideal for someone looking for a little more room than the Wrangler provides.
- • Dodge Durango: This attractive, stylish full-sized sports utility vehicle is available in both a traditional gasoline and a hybrid version.
- • Lincoln Navigator: The Navigator is a roomy, full-sized SUV from Lincoln, one of America’s best-known and most trusted manufacturers of luxury automobile.
- • Cadillac Escalade: General Motors’ answer to the Navigator is the Cadillac Escalade. It is a prestigious, commanding vehicle loaded with creature comforts and luxury features.
- • Chevrolet Equinox: Fully refreshed for the 2013 model year, the Chevrolet Equinox has long been one of GM’s best-selling and best-reviewed sports utility vehicles.
- • GMC Terrain: With a strong drivetrain and some of GM’s best engineering, the boxy but high-performing Terrain is ideal for drivers seeking off-road capabilities and excellent dependability.
- • Chevrolet Suburban: The Suburban is Chevrolet’s full-sized SUV model, offering seating for up to eight passengers and some of the most generous cargo capacity specs in its class.
Contact local dealers for up-to-date pricing information. You can also get great deals on pre-owned domestic SUVs, which are up for sale either through a dealership or a private party. Take some time to perform thorough vehicle research to ensure you get the features you need at a price you can afford.